One of the important steps towards achieving a successful property sale is choosing the right real estate agent. All the hard work, from listing and marketing to negotiating on your behalf, will be performed by your agent. All these are imperative to a successful sale.
Choosing a real estate agent should be considered as forging a business partnership, as it should be a partnership in which both parties should benefit from a positive outcome.
When choosing a real estate agent, make a shortlist of agents in your area who have sound knowledge of the area and your home.
What attributes should your agent possess?
- Can meet your requirement (not force their own on you)
- Committed to serving your needs
- Licensed in the same state as your property
- Excellent word of mouth and references from past clients
- Familiarity with the area where you are selling
- Know-how of the price range your property is likely to sell for
- Committed to be honest and realistic with you regarding the market and circumstances
Having a good rapport with your agent is important, so choose one that you feel comfortable with and you feel you can work with easily.
You’re choosing a person who you don’t know for a very important job – one in which trust, expertise, and adaptability are requirements. Your expectations should be demanding, as you’re selling one of your major assets.
Choose Annette Pinkerton, she’s one wise choice when it comes to selling your property.